Torquay: 01803 328008

Penzance: 01736 368564

Take-away insurance you can trust

Take-away Insurance

When insuring a Take-Away cover may be required just for the business or for a cafe with a take-away. With complex requirements it is appropriate to understand what cover you have and what is not insured.
Buildings insurance – If you own or have responsibility for insuring the building, the cost to clear the site, obtain any necessary planning consents and then cover the rebuilding cost (this is not often the same as the market value of the site).

Contents insurance – the cost to replace all of the fixtures, fittings, furnishings and other contents right down to cutlery and crockery. Also possibly your own contents.

Stock – both stock of food and of alcohol (if you hold a licence), including contents of freezers.

Employer’s Liability – unless you do all of the work, cooking, cleaning and maintenance yourself you will have staff and therefore require Employer’s Liability cover.

Public Liability – incase a visitor injures himself/herself on the premises you require Public Liability cover.

Product Liability – incase there is a complaint that the food has made someone ill, you require Product Liability cover (included with Public liability).

Professional Indemnity –  if you ‘train’ staff you may require Professional Indemnity cover. You may wish to protect staff personal possessions against theft and therefore may well require an extension of cover for this.

Vehicle – if you run vehicles in the name of the cafe you will require motor insurance.

Fidelity cover – you may also find that you put your staff in a situation where they could handle money or possessions belonging to someone else so you may also require Fidelity cover.

Cyber cover – you have computers in the cafe and therefore may wish to add Cyber cover.

Legal Expenses –  in case you are involved in an incident that requires legal advice or court action.

The job for Seaway is to make sure that you understand what is and what is not insured.

Whatever your vehicle, we have you covered.

Find out more here and talk to our insurance experts today!

Need Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Read more here and talk to our insurance experts today!

Related Links

Latest News

Take-Away Insurance Enquiry Form


Torquay: 01803 328008

Penzance: 01736 368564